Positive living means having a positive outlook to living and life. It also means living responsibly with HIV and preventing new infections.
- People living with HIV can live full and healthy lives if they take care of themselves, access care and treatment, and feel supported to make healthy choices.
- Families can also live positively with HIV by supporting and taking care of each other.
- Positive living includes:
- Keeping the mind healthy
- Keeping the body healthy
- Keeping the soul healthy
- Preventing new HIV infections
- Keeping the whole family healthy
KNOWLEDGE + DETERMINATION TO LIVE with actions for a HEALTHY MIND + HEALTHY BODY + HEALTHY SOUL
= A LONG, HEALTHY LIFE
- The Comprehensive Peer Educator Training Curriculum: Trainer Manual International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs, Columbia University