- To improve and develop our own family relationships.
- To serve the church by offering systematic instruction and training in matters relating to family life.
- To assist individual churches to develop and improve their family life programmes with an emphasis on the preventative, rather than the remedial, by helping leaders become proactive agents for marital and family health.
- To be aware of, have dialogue with, and where possible, cooperate with other organizations involved in family life work.
- To enter into partnership, where appropriate, with other organizations involved in family life work.
- To influence policies affecting family life at the community and national levels.
- To educate the public in biblical principles of family life in the context of local culture.
- To create referral centres and be a resource in matters relating to family life.
- To provide counselling service for the general public.