EVE For Life was founded in 2008 in response to a dire need for support to women and children living with or affected by HIV and AIDS. Women in Jamaica face the brunt of the epidemic as caregivers and breadwinners for infected husbands and children. Statistics show that women account for 42 per cent of cases in Jamaica.
In the age group 15 to 24 years old, infected women more than double the number of men. Women and children are increasingly seeking psychosocial support and skills to help them to live normal lives. Eve for Life seeks to fill that gap. EVE for Life was registered in February 2009 as a non- governmental organization (NGO) with charitable status.
- Offer counselling services to women and children with HIV and AIDS and their families
- Provide parenting support for families living with HIV
- Minimise the social ills caused by HIV and AIDS through psychosocial support to clients and their families.
- Empower children and young people living with HIV to participate effectively in the HIV response through life skills programmes
- Provide VCT support and training to EVE and other organizations to ensure the effective provision of counseling and support
- Sensitise the public and to promote positive attitudes towards people with HIV and AIDS and their families.